Monday, September 8, 2008

Ageless Faux Tearing




This morning I had a little fun trying Beate's SCS tutorial, faux tearing. I used an image from Ageless Adornment that I had watercolored while at my sister's cottage up in Perth, ON. Before we went, I stamped a whole mess of images on watercolor paper and just took my aqua painter and markers along with me. My DD Lindsay and I had a blast painting away one rainy day.

Anyway, I also used Flannel Plaid for the faux tearing part and the sentiment is from Many Merry Messages. I used Old Olive for the base, More Mustard for the background and Cranberry Crisp, Old Olive for the layers. Added a little burgandy grosgrain and it was done.

If you'd like to learn how to do this technique follow this link.http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/fauxtearing

No comments:

Post a Comment