Monday, January 26, 2009

Sad Day.


Awhile back SCS was doing the pink week when we were all making cards for Cancer awareness. Anyway, I posted this one. It was in honor of my cousin, also named Heather who was fighting a nine year battle with Cancer. Here first diagnoses was breast cancer shortly after her first and only child Kieran was born. She fought that but shortly after it returned and essentially was all through her, brain, bone, liver etc. Heather has always had a very dry sense of humor and she maintained that until the end. She passed away yesterday morning, at home with her husband and son by her side. Her dog Merlin, stayed on her hospital bed in the living room for the last 24 hours. Although I am very sad today, I am grateful that I had her in my life and that her suffering is finally over. Heather Rest in Peace. Love Heather

11 comments:

  1. this is so sad! Thanks for sharing~ it reminds me to be thankful for each day. :)

    Lori Washburn

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry for your loss. :( The card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI, I'm from SCS and wanted to say that I'm so sorry to hear of your cousin's passing. It's evident that you were a bright light in her life and she was so very loved. Your card is a beautiful tribute! Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and all of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will pray for strength for you and your family. My heart breaks for all of you but especially her precious little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry about your cousin,Heather! You will be in my thoughts and prayers!

    Hugs
    Connie (stampinfrog)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a really sad day! So sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carol (krazystamper)January 27, 2009 at 11:39 AM

    Heather, My prayers are for peace for you and your family. I know you will truly miss her. The card is a wonderful tribute to your cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful card, very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. very pretty, love the colors

    ReplyDelete