Thursday, January 29, 2009

Yummy Lovin'

The other day I picked up some dollar store glasses. Yes, I am at that age. Anyway, they came packaged in these wonderful pillow boxes. I decided today to pick up some "Sweethearts" and fill them up. I used the coluzzel to cut the oval and stamped the Yummy stamp colored with the Regal Rose and Real Red makers. Then I distress it because it wasn't a clean cut. After that I tied a grosgrain ribbon in Regal Rose and then banded the box with SU's Candy Lane paper. A couple of brads and voila, it's ready for one of my DD's who just happen to love "Sweethearts."

14 comments:

  1. What a great idea - I'll have to look for those (I'm at that age too) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! I love the idea of reusing a great container! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the placement of the brads and the distressed edge. I can never cut out those "coluzzled" shapes to my liking, so thanks for the distressing tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! I'm using the Big Shot to make pillow boxes for my kiddos classmates' treats...supah fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever idea!! When I first looked I thought "isn't there some place online that we can purchase clear pillow boxes -- do you know if there is -- that is really clever....Don't worry - I wear reading glasses -maybe I should go stock up at the DOLLAR STORE!! LOL

    LOVE YOUR BLOG

    Judy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cute!!! Love the Stamp Cave too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is sweet ( scuse the pun ) and very cute !

    love your latte card btw !

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to package a little treat! It looks awesome. I love the paper wrapped one way around, and the ribbon the other way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great idea. I think I will have to case this. This is the set I'm getting for my SAB order. I can't wait to get it. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea with the candies! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable packaging and what a great recycling idea!

    ReplyDelete