Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tart and Flowery


The other day I saw a card made by Kerin Sylverster on her blog. http://www.kerinstamps.com/ I thought it was really cute but I don't have Petal Pizzazz. Okay, so I wasn't going to let that stop me. I'm a caser at heart. Love to stamp but I have a hard time coming up with my own designs. So this is my take on Kerin's design. I used Basic Gray instead of Black. I like the pink and grey together. I'm not happy with the use of pixie pink in this, I would change it if I did it again. I substituted Tart and Tangy for the Petal Pizzazz. I think it works okay. What do you think?
Recipe:
Stamps, Bella's Bloom, Tart and Tangy
Ink: Pixie Pink, Pretty in Pink and Regal Rose, Basic Grey
Cardstock : Pink Pirouette, Basic Grey Whisper White, Pixie Pink, Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink
Designer Paper: Retired Loves Me from 2007
Accessories, 1 1/4 circle, scallop circle punches, dazzling diamonds and basic grey taffeta ribbon.

6 comments:

  1. I also have a hard time coming up with my own designs, so I case but try to make enough changes so that I can still say itès mine.
    You did a great job with this, I really like the tafetta ribbon with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic job!Love the colors.TFS

    Hug,
    Connie (aka stampinfrog)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the pink and gray together. I think it's a great combo to go with. Your card turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card. I have the same stamps and never thought of making them the center of a flower.

    TFS
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete