Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Pizzazz in Elements

What a nice surprise I got on Sunday night when Betty who hosts the color challenge on Tuesday's over at Splitcoaststampers asked me to help out and make a sample using the challenge colors for this week.  I almost said no because I haven't gotten my new in colors yet.  But since you can substitute colors that are fairly close I went ahead and did it.  It couldn't be posted until after 11pm last night so needless to say, I'm a little tired today. 

The colors for this challenge CC281 are all new Pear Pizzazz, Daffodil Delight and Concord Crush.  The neutral I picked was white.  The only color I have at the moment, is Daffodil Delight.  I colored white taffeta in it  by taking a sponge dauber and putting the ribbon under it on the pad and dragging it along.  Then I just let it dry.  The background piece is actually Eggplant Envy that I ran through the big shot with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder which I had covered with versamark.  Then I embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I really like the effect, it made it come out darker like Concord Crush and it looks like ceramic.  Elements of style was the set I used and  last but not least the dessert this week was to use dew drops.  I do have some of those and if you look closely they are on a few leaves.  Hope you like and don't forget to leave a comment and get your name in the draw for some free SU toys.


Card Recipe
Stamp Set Elements of Style
Card stock Certainly Celery, Eggplant Envy, Daffodil Delight and Whisper White
Ink Basic Black, Eggplant Envy, Certainly Celery, Daffodil Delight
Accessories, White Taffeta Ribbon, Clear Embossing Powder, Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder and dew drops which are not carried by SU.

No comments:

Post a Comment