Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Pulled out an old favorite today.

Friendships Journey was one of the very first sets I purchased even before I was a demonstrator.  I loved the look of this lady.  As with many of my older sets they just don't get used enough.  Last night I was lying in bed listing to the rain.  I stared thinking about what I was going to stamp next and this image popped into my head.  Vintage is back and although I have the new set Artistic Etchings, I felt the need to use this one.  Last night my first new order from the catty came.  Yahoo......finally, I really should have expedited it.  Anyway, I digress.  Vintage brads were in the order.  So, when I saw the sketch challenge over at splitcoast I couldn't resist using this image and my new brads.  Although you can't see it in the picture, I did use the medallion from Artistic Etching on the Cherry Cobbler background in Soft Suede and sponged all around both base and the vanilla image piece.  I also used my aqua painter and Cobbler for her dress and lips. The lace isn't SU.........but mine came last night so I can unravel it anytime.  Smooch Spritz finished it off.  Hope you like.

Card Recipe
Stamps Friendship Journey retired SU and Artistic Etchings.
Cardstock Basic Black, Very Vanilla and Cherry Cobbler (my new favorite red)
Ink Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler and Soft Suede
Accessories Sponge, lace Antique Brads, Smooch Spritz

1 comment:

  1. an oldie but a goodie?!...those brads are perfect for this card..wonderful

    ReplyDelete