Monday, August 16, 2010

Masculine Birthday Card

Today I broke out the new in color Poppy Parade for the first time!  Okay, truth be told, I didn't think I would like it.  I'm totally over the moon in love with Cherry Cobbler.  Real Red?  What's that.  Anyway.........I really, really liked it.  This picture doesn't even come close to doing it justice.  Poppy Parade leads the parade.  The sentiment at the bottom is a bit light but it reads, "getting a little bit older and better than ever!"  The stamp is from Congrats a sale a bration set from a couple of years ago.  I omitted the first word "on."
Today's ways to use it challenge called for ribbon, not in a bow and not in a knot!  This ribbon is just lopped though the jumbo brad.

Card Recipe
Card stock Basic Black, Watercolor, Poppy Parade
Ink, Poppy Parade, Basic Black, More Mustard, Old Olive
Designer paper, Newsprint
Stamps Countryside, Congrats(retired)
Ribbon Gingham (retired)
Paper Piercing and sponging. 
This was water colored using stamp pad and aqua painter.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely masculine card. I love this old truck and the newsprint dsp looks great with it.

    ReplyDelete