Saturday, August 21, 2010

Sweet Snowglobe Fun

Over all I wasn't very pleased with the card itself but I just love what can be done with this Snow globe.  The possibilities are endless.  To make this one, I first took a sweet treats cup and set it on my desk and filled it with a little bit of dazzling diamonds and then some water almost filling it to the top. Then I peeled off the backing and adhered a 2 1/2  piece from a window sheet.  After pressing firmly I cut the excess window sheet off.  Next I colored in the inside image, the house and trees and stamped them on a plan piece of white card stock.  This I then adhered it to the back of the sweet treats cup. I stamped the Snow Globe in Basic Grey onto Baja Breeze card stock the ran it through the Big Shot using the new Northern Flurry Embossing folder.  I used my 1 3/8 circle punch to punch out the globe part and then put sticky strip on the edge of the Baja Breeze where the sweet treat cup would be adhered.  The sentiment is from Occasional Quotes level 3 hostess set it was stamped on Whisper white and punched out with the large oval punch.  The Not Quite Navy piece behind is the new XL Decorative Label Punch. 

2 comments:

  1. This is a great card. I'v never tried using water in it. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card idea. I'm too nervous to try the water but I am going to try this idea and use fake snow. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful creativity

    ReplyDelete