Saturday, September 4, 2010

Another Gratitude Card

Today I am grateful.  Grateful for two wonderful, smart funny, healthy girls.  I am especially grateful that the oldest, mentioned in the last post, finally went back to Ottawa today.  That's where our family lives and she goes to Carleton University and is in her 4th and final year.  I will miss her, but not the mess she brings with her.  Every year it's the same, it's like a hurricane hits and doesn't leave until she packs up and heads back up north.  Mike and Lindsay left at 6:00am and I have finally now got the house back to normal.  I have to thank Alana my almost 16 year old for pitching in and helping.  All that being said, I am looking forward to seeing Lindsay up in Ottawa in a few weeks, my nephews wedding and her 21st birthday!

Okay, I've bored you enough with the family stuff, on to today's card.  I took a break to make this card today.  The Day of Gratitude stamp set just is so much fun to play with.  I stamped the leaf image 3 times using Cajun Craze (such a yummy fall color) and  Old Olive.  The sentiment was stamped in Early Espresso, my new black.  I mounted the Very Vanilla piece on Old Olive.  Mounted that on a piece of More Mustard run through the Big Shot using the Lattice Embossing Folder.  Again, the same DSP as yesterday, Autumn Spice was layered between them and a piece of Early Espresso grosgrain ribbon was tied around that.  The finishing touch,  something I don't grab enough, Build a Brad with a leaf from the DSP in it.

Recipe Same as yesterday with these additional items used
Build a Brad  109128
Early Espresso Grosgrain Ribbon 120931
Square Lattice Embossing Folder  119976

No comments:

Post a Comment