Friday, September 3, 2010

What a busy hot week.

I haven't posted in over a week.  Stamping seems to take a back seat when my almost 21 year old starts getting ready to go back to school.  Seems like only yesterday Lindsay left for the first time now she's heading back for her final year.  Well that is if she doesn't go to grad school.

Today I managed to make a card using the new set I got on Wednesday.  It's called Day of Gratitude and it's in the new Holiday Mini.   Also in that order was the matching designer paper Autumn Spice.  I love this paper it's heavier and textured.  To make the card I started with a base in Cajun Craze and stamped the large medallion randomly on it in the same color.  Then I stamped three of the matching leaves, two in Old Olive and one in Cajun Craze. Cut them out and layered them on More Mustard.  I stamped the sentiment on Very Vanilla with Early Espresso and punch it out with the new decorative label punch.  I added a little paper piercing around the edges.  I layered all that on top of a piece of the designer paper that punched the bottom with the scallop border punch.  I also added just a little strip of early espresso.  Last but not least I used my sizzlets button die and Early Espresso and a bit of thread and it was all done.

Card Recipe
Stamp Sets Day of Gratitude Mini 121148 Clear
Cardstock Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Very Vanilla and Early Espresso.
                                                                                       Designer Paper Autumn Spice 120808
                                                                                       Sizzlet  Buttons 113440

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love the layout and everything about it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous, Heather. I love the layout you chose and those yummy Autumnal colours. Super job :)

    ReplyDelete